Today is the last day to prepare my essay before the due date to study abroad in France and Romania with Dr. Nastasia. He is offering a one-month course at the end of the spring semester for all junior and senior Speech Communication majors.
During the course, students will be studying at Universities in France and Romania, as well as job shadowing professionals in the PR field. This would be an amazing opportunity, but the application and essay portion is overwhelming because only 12 students will be chosen to participate.
While doing normal class assignments and studying for exams, I have also been writing, editing, rewriting, and having all my friends look over this one page essay for the past week. At first, a one-page essay did not sound too intense. It wasn’t until I found out the number of students who were able to participate when I started to worry.
The essay should answer two questions: why I want to participate and what I hope to learn during this travel abroad.
My reasons for wanting to participate are:
– It’s an amazing opportunity that students are not always exposed to.
– To experience and learn at international Universities.
– To gain first hand experience in PR firms while job shadowing other professionals.
– To broaden my job opportunities.
What I hope to learn during this travel abroad:
– To learn other cultural values.
– To gain a solid and diverse background in all aspects of public relations.
Hopefully, by the end of the night, I will have full confidence in my essay and will then send it in to the professor.